Quarantine and Regulations
SUBJECT: Texas Phoenix Palm Decline (TPPD) Quarantine and Regulations
Nurseries with positive TPPD finds shall be placed under Hold Order and Quarantine.
For a Hold Order and Quarantine to be lifted:
- Infected palms must be removed AND
- No additional positive TPPD finds within a 90-day period from time of infected palm removal.
Materials regulated: All Phoenix spp. palms, Syagrus romanzoffiana and Sabal palmetto
Each shipment must be accompanied by a State Phytosanitary Certificate, with the Additional Declaration:
"Meets Texas Phoenix Palm Decline Requirements of Louisiana"
- All host and non-host palms require a State Phytosanitary Certificate
- Regulated palms must be grown at the nursery for at least six months
- Regulated palms located within one mile of an active case of TPPD during the past six months are prohibited
Materials regulated: Phoenix canariensis, Phoenix sylvestris, Syagrus romanzoffiana, Sabal palmetto and Phoenix dactylifera
Each shipment must be accompanied by a State Phytosanitary Certificate
- Quarantined palms located within two miles of a known infected tree are prohibited
- Regulated palms must be under a prescribed pest management program for six weeks prior to shipment which must include routine treatments for leafhoppers and whiteflies and a final treatment must be witnessed and included on the certificate.